There’s nothing worse than loosing your place in a book but what alternatives are there to the traditional bookmark?
1) Another book – we’re assuming you have plenty of these around
2) Till receipt – I mean it’s not like there’s any other use for them, right?
3) Used bus tickets, it’s not like you’re going to need them again
4) The TV remote so at least you know where to find it
5) A beautiful promotional book postcard to remind you of all the books you haven’t got but want
6) Tissue paper – preferably not used, eugh!
7) Sweet wrapper – then you get to enjoy the sweet first
8) A ruler, it’s the right shape
9) On the subject of stationary how about a calculator?
10) Or how about a pen or pencil – we just ask you make sure it doesn’t leak first
11) An odd sock – ahhh, so there is a use for them after all
12) A greeting card – you never know when a jolly Santa might be the perfect thing to raise a smile after a particularly emotional scene
13) Monopoly money – whose going to miss that $100 bill really?
14) The flower a boyfriend gave you so you can always think of them
15) A playing card – there’s no way someone will notice this missing in a game of snap
16) Fold the corner of the page
We’re going to pretend we didn’t just say that!
Which ones have we missed – what else do you use as bookmarks?