We love YA debuts on YABuzz and we thought it would be a great way to end 2016 and begin 2017 with a celebration of the wonderful YA debut authors published in 2016 if we were to find out what the best debut book of 2016 is as voted for by you.
Tumblr via Giphy.com
We want this to be as inclusive as possible so we are quite literally passing on the power to you. The way this is going to work is a little bit complicated and if you’re interested this is all explained below.
But if you want to get started and nominate your favourite YA debuts of 2016 you can get started right away by commenting your 3 nominations on this post, tweeting them to us on Twitter at @YABuzzBooks or posting them to Facebook, Instagram or Litsy using the hashtag #YABuzzDebut2016.
For everyone else this is how it’s going to work and the dates for your diary!
YABuzz Debut Book of 2016 Timeline
27th November – 11th December – Nominations – launch & nominations open, you can nominate up to 3 debut books – we will verify each nomination and each and every verified nomination will be put into one of 4 random groupings.
12th December – 6th January – Round 1 Voting
The 2 books with the most votes in each of the groups will move forward to represent their group in round 2.
- 12th – 16th December – The votes will open for group 1 on the 12th December and close on the 16th December.
- 19th – 23rd December – The votes will open for group 2 on the 19th December and close on the 23rd December.
- 26th – 30th December – The votes will open for group 3 on the 26th December and close on the 30th December.
- 2nd January – 6th January – The votes will open for group 4 on the 2nd January and close on the 6th January.
9th – 15th January – Round 2 Voting
The book with the most votes in each of the groups will move forward to represent their group in the final vote.
- 9th – 10th January – the finalists will be announced and voting will open for group 1 on the 9th January. This will close on the 10th January
- 11th – 12th January – Voting for group 2 will open on the 11th January and close on the 12th January
- 13th – 14th January – Voting for group 3 will open on the 13th January and close on the 14th January
- 15th – 16th January – Voting for group 4 will open on the 14th January and close on the 15th January
17th – 19th January – Final Voting
This will leave us with 4 books making the final cut – on the 17th January the final vote will open which will decide the winner. This will close on the 19th January when the winner will be announced.
The voting polls will be open and visible so you’ll be able to see how the voting is going at all stages.
with this in mind the only thing left for us to say is that the nominations phase is now OPEN! 🙂